This event serves purpose-driven creators and impactful organizations adapting to the changing times. Learn to build a deeper relationship with yourself and others so that you can create valuable projects for your world while using business to sustain and maximize your impact.
The 4-day virtual event was carefully planned to bring you through a thoughtful, nurturing, and single-track experience that starts where you are right now. Click the images below to enlarge.
Each day was represented by one of the four themes listed below in the "Themes & Schedule" section, and followed this flow:
- Keynotes: Each day of the event begins with an expert speaker giving a short talk followed by interactive Q&A.
- Panels: After the keynote, we move into a panel with 2-5 experts participating in a dialogue before we open the floor for moderated Q&A.
- Movement: After the panel, we move into yoga, play, improv, meditation, and movement activities to keep you feeling alright.
- Workshops: After movement, we dive into hands-on workshops in breakout rooms to integrate what you're learning into your life and work.
- Journal: Dig deeper into your notes and share reflections with prompts and ongoing interaction with peers and facilitators.
- Integration: After the event, we provided four weeks of ongoing support and resources to help you integrate the learnings into life and work.
Themes & Schedule
Monday, June 15th (Theme: Community): Align inclusive, inspiring communities of people who want to see you grow.
- Keynote: Allyship (Quddus Phillippe)
- Panel: Building Inclusive Communities (Shireen Idroos, Executive Director of Centre for Social Innovation; Dr. Helena D. Lewis, DSW, LCSW, LCADC; Marcos Salazar, CEO of Be Social Change)
- Movement: Get off the computer and into your body: a mindful walking experience (Lindsey Pearson)
- Workshop: Healthy Decision Making in Community (David Sauvage, The Empath)
- Workshop: Fulfillment and Abundance in Community (Rea Chou, The Feast)
- Closing Ritual: Fulfillment and Abundance in Community (Magalie René)
Tuesday, June 16th (Theme: Innovation): Transform challenges into social, spiritual, and economic opportunities.
- Keynote: Bridge Building to Dismantle Structural Racism (Jenna Nicholas, CEO of Impact Experience)
- Panel: Leveraging Uncertainty to Cultivate Innovation Panel (Jessica Lipman, The Mindful Nest; Sebastien Park, IDEO)
- Movement: Problem Solving Through Embodied Creativity (Amanda McCormick)
- Workshop: The Ritual Lab: Tools for Intentional, Meaningful, Transformational Work (Ezra Bookman)
- Workshop: Creating Self-Organized Gatherings (Tony Bacigalupo)
Wednesday, June 17th (Theme: Humanity): Build a deeper relationship with yourself and understand how you relate to others.
- Keynote: Launching a Wellness Startup During Covid-19 (Shira Lazar & Jordana Reim, Peace Inside Live)
- Panel: Spiritual Emergence (Katrina Michelle, PhD, LCSW; Michael Garbe, DSW, LCSW;
Edy Nathan, MA, LCSWR, CST)
- Movement: Immune Boosting Flow & Energetic Practice from Shaolin Lineage (Karina Turtzo, Sovereign by Nature)
- Workshop: Knowing What You Want Means Sometimes Starting with a 'No' (Katrina Michelle, PhD, LCSW; Michael Shawe, LCSW)
- Workshop: Vulnerability is a Superpower (Aviva Mohilner, HELD)
- Closing Ritual: I See You (Yuko Kudo)
Thursday, June 18th (Theme: Impact): Sustain and maximize your impact by attaching business models to your projects.
- Keynote: The Human Needs Economy (Heather Hartnett, CEO of Human Ventures)
- Panel: Shamanic Insights for the Modern World (Julian DeVoe; Brandon Jacobs)
- Panel: Adapting to the Unknown Future of Work (Taylor McLemore, Program Director at Techstars; Jane Ball, WOMB Service Design Lab)
- Workshop: Applied Empathy in Organizational Culture (Michael Ventura, CEO & Founder of Sub Rosa)
- Workshop: Vulnerability and Your Bottom-Line (Amber J. Lawson)
- Closing Ritual: Ezra Bookman
We partnered with The Centre for Social Innovation NYC (CSI) to produce this experience. It was at a time when both of our organizations navigated a time of flux and uncertainty. This partnership was sparked when it counted. With Cooperative Impact's expertise in designing personalized learning experiences combined with the CSI’s thoughtful and innovative community, this partnership was destined to make a splash.
Who is Cooperative Impact?
Cooperative Impact is a social enterprise shaping a compassionate future. We empower individuals through personalized learning and development experiences to cultivate their superpowers, navigate uncertainty, and bring their organizations into the unknown.
Who is The Centre for Social Innovation?
The Centre for Social Innovation is a coworking space, community, and launchpad for people who are changing the world. We provide our members with the tools they need to accelerate their success and amplify their impact.